Want to join our team of expert, enthusiastic music teachers?
- Check out the job description below, and if you like what you see,
- Email your cover letter and resume, complete with music degrees earned, to John Gotsis at email@example.com.
Vibe Music Academy Teacher
A Vibe Music Academy teacher instructs private and group music lessons in all genres and styles. Teachers create a safe and exciting environment for students to achieve their musical and creative potential. Our music teachers are responsible for planning and implementing a challenging and engaging music education curriculum that caters to the individual needs of each student. Instructors must be able to masterfully demonstrate and teach each concept/style/technique in a positive way, and they are responsible for creating the most valuable student lesson experience possible. Lessons occur either in the personal studio of the teacher (home studio or otherwise), or teachers travel to students' homes (in such a case, teachers may charge the student a variable travel fee in addition to lesson cost).
1) Instruction of Music Lessons:
Students may be of any age (from Kindergarten through adult) or ability level. Music lessons occur weekly, twice weekly, or biweekly, and last for a duration of 30, 45, or 60 minutes. Lessons occur either in the private studio of the teacher, or teachers travel to students' homes. Music lessons should focus on three components that are crucial to student success, which can be summed up in three words: Play, Connect, and Grow (see Our Approach for more info).
2) Customer Service and Relations Maintenance:
Teachers are required to maintain their own schedule of music lessons with students or students' parents. Timeliness, organization, and great communication skills are a necessity.
3) Consistent Communication with Owner:
Teachers should maintain a frequent line of communication with the owner regarding scheduling, customer interactions, curriculum, and student progress.
- Must live in Hamilton County, Indiana
- Degree or degree-in-progress in music-related field
- 1+ years experience teaching and/or performing music professionally (preferred, not required)
- Knowledge of music theory and curriculum design
- Excellent ability to deal well with a wide range of customers and children
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be resourceful and good at problem-solving
- Must always be enthusiastic, flexible, patient, and positive
Teachers are structured as Independent Contractors and are paid on a biweekly basis. Rate of pay starts at $30/hr of instruction and is negotiable based on qualification and success.