Want to join our team of expert, enthusiastic music teachers?
- Check out the job description below, and if you like what you see,
- Email your cover letter and resume, complete with music degrees earned, to John Gotsis at email@example.com.
Vibe Music Academy Teacher
A Vibe Music Academy teacher instructs private and group music lessons in all genres and styles. Teachers create a safe and exciting environment for students to achieve their musical and creative potential. Our music teachers are responsible for planning and implementing a challenging and engaging music education curriculum that caters to the individual needs of each student. Instructors must be able to masterfully demonstrate and teach each concept/style/technique in a positive way, and they are responsible for creating the most valuable student lesson experience possible.
1) Instruction of Music Lessons:
Students may be of any age (from Kindergarten through adult) or ability level. Music lessons occur weekly, twice weekly, or biweekly, and last for a duration of 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes. Lessons occur either in the private studio of the teacher, or teachers travel to students' homes (In such a case, teachers may elect to charge the student a travel fee in addition to lesson cost). Music lessons should focus on three components that are crucial to student success, which can be summed up in three words: Play, Connect, and Grow (see Our Approach for more info).
2) Customer Service and Relations Maintenance:
Teachers are required to maintain their own schedule of music lessons with students or students' parents. Timeliness, organization, and great communication skills are a necessity.
3) Consistent Communication with Owner:
Teachers can and should maintain a frequent line of communication with the owner regarding scheduling, customer interactions, curriculum, and student progress.
- Must live in or near Hamilton County, Indiana
- 1+ years experience teaching and/or performing music professionally (preferred, not required)
- Degree or degree-in-progress in music-related field
- Knowledge of music theory and curriculum design
- Excellent ability to deal well with a wide range of customers and children
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be resourceful and good at problem-solving
- Must always be enthusiastic, flexible, patient, and positive
Teachers are structured as Independent Contractors and are paid on a biweekly basis. Rate of pay is based on qualification and success.